Players will be evaluated by the camp staff in a pro-style workout that will include the 60 yard dash, hitting skill evaluation, and defensive position skill evaluation. Each pitcher will throw a bullpen session to be evaluated by the coaching staff. Hitting and pitching velocities will be recorded and included in the evaluation.
- Workout at one position: Cost $100
- Workout at one position and pitch: Cost $125
- Check in will begin 30 minutes prior to the start of each session and will go until the scheduled start time of the camp.
Players should make decisions about attending camps based on the attached symptom self-screening form, so please read it carefully. This form must be completed and signed and will be collected from you upon arrival. Any player exhibiting fever or other symptoms of illness listed on this form will not be permitted to participate. Staff will monitor players and immediately send a player home if any symptoms arise during the camp session.
Per University policy, coaches and participants must wear masks/cloth face coverings. At the direction of camp staff, the cloth face covering may be removed in extreme cases and where social distancing can be maintained.
- Parents must remain in their cars or drop off/pickup players after the event.
Players will enter on the east side of Bowyer Field and will then use the first base dugout entrance to enter the field. To exit the field players will use the third base dugout exit in order to comply with proper social distancing. Players will be line-up with at least 6 feet of separation as they proceed through the registration queue. No dugouts will be used at any time during the camp as a “waiting space” or “on deck” holding area.
- Players will be assigned to a team (POD) with a specific check in time.
- No sharing of equipment. Players must bring their own bat, glove, catcher's equipment, batting helmet, etc.
- Players are strongly encouraged to bring their own hand sanitizer.
- Players will be provided individual bottles of Gatorade for hydration.
No group filling or hydration stations will be available on site.
Players will go through a showcase format. During camp, players will maintain social distance of 6 feet. All activities will be done using social distancing-infield, outfield, and drill work, as well as batting practice and bullpens. No sunflower seeds, gum or any other food or outside drink will be allowed during camp. Camp will operate with a "no touch" rule--no high fives, handshakes, pat on backs, etc.
All parents/guardians must sign this attached form outlining expectations and completion of the participant symptom self-screening. Completion of this form is required and will be collected at check-in.
COVID-19 PRE-CAMP VISIT SELF-SCREENING FORM - PDF
*Each camp session will have a limited number of participants due to social distancing on protocols.